CALL FOR CSME AWARDS NOMINATIONS
Nominations are solicited for the 2013 awards and honours of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering (CSME), which aim to recognize and honour deserving members of the Society and the mechanical engineering community.
Honours and Awards
- The I. W. Smith Award was established in 1977 to honour Professor I. W. Smith who devoted a lifetime to teaching mechanical engineering at the University of Toronto. It is awarded annually for outstanding achievement in creative mechanical engineering within 10 years of undergraduate graduation.
- The G.H. Duggan Medal was established in 1935 to honour Dr. G.H. Duggan who was president of the EIC in 1916. It is awarded annually for the best paper dealing with the use of advanced materials for structural or mechanical purposes. (revised 1983))
- The Robert W. Angus Medal was established in 1957 to honour the late Robert W. Angus who was for many years Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Toronto. It is awarded annually to a Canadian engineer for outstanding contributions to the management and practice of mechanical engineering. (revised 1993)
- The Jules Stachiewicz Medal was established in 1983 to honour the late Jules Stachiewicz who was for many years Professor of Mechanical Engineering at McGill University. It is awarded alternately by the Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering (CSCE) and CSME for outstanding contributions to heat transfer in Canada. This award will be next be presented by CSME in 2013.
- The C.N. Downing Award may be presented annually to a member of the Society for distinguished service to CSME over many years.
- The Drew Wilson History Award was established in 2008 to honor Dr. Andrew Wilson, who was for many years Professor of Mechanical Engineering at for his dedicated and exceptional contributions to the history of mechanical engineering. It is awarded annually for outstanding contributions to the history of mechanical engineering.
- The title, Fellow of the CSME, may be awarded to members, in good standing, with uninterrupted membership in the society for at least 3 years, who have attained excellence in mechanical engineering and who have contributed actively to the progress of their profession and of society.
- A Certificate of Service may be awarded to CSME members in recognition of outstanding service to the Society in a particular capacity.
Nominations should be sent to the Chair of the HAF Committee, so as to reach by February 28, 2013, at:
Chair, Honours and Awards Committee Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering
1295 Hwy 2 East
Kingston, ON, K7l 4V1
Tel: (613) 547 5989 Fax: (613) 547 0195
OR scanned copies of the nomination package may be sent by email to the Chair of HAF Committee at: email@example.com
The nomination package should consist of:
- The nominee’s name, occupation, position, title, affiliation, CSME membership number, and full address and contact information (including telephone, email, fax).
- The nominee’s CV.
- A nomination letter from the nominator indicating the nominee’s principal contributions and the reasons the nominee merits the award.
- A draft citation for the nominee (125-150 words), which is intended for use in announcing the award recipient and publicity should the nomination be successful.
- The nominator’s name, position, title, affiliation and full address and contact information (including telephone, email, fax).
- Two letters of support for the nomination, along with the names and addresses of the two supporters (including telephone, email, fax).
- Nomination/ Deadline Information & Application Form / Informations sur la proposition de candidats et sur les dates limites
- Application form (MS Word)
CALL FOR EIC HONOURS, AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
Please note that the closing date for the submission of nominations to the EIC's Honours, Awards and Fellowships Committee is Monday, December 15, 2012. For more information, please see the follwoing brochure .