At its October meeting, the CSME Board of Directors will be presented with a Motion to allow students registered in a mechanical engineering or related program to join the society on a complimentary basis starting with the 2017 membership year. Assuming that this Motion will pass, we will be revising the online application process so that all students registered in an ME related program may apply for free 2017 membership (designated SCSME) as early as 1 November 2016.
What is the CSME?
CSME Services for student members:
- Providing current activities in all the chapters.
- Disseminating information on current research issues in universities and industry.
- Job Opportunities: Students are connected to job opportunities through the EngineeringCareers.ca job site. Networking within chapters and at national conferences is also a good way to identify job oppportunities: the profession gets its new generation, and the new generation gets its profession!
- Student Affairs Active Faculty members; University student Sections Notices of technical meetings on pertinent and timely subjects.
- Student Design Competition - An opportunity for participation in the annual Design competition.
- Student Paper Competition.
- Student Gold Medal Award at Canadian Universities.
- CSME Bulletin.
- CSME Publications.
- CSME Sponsored Forums and Conferences: An opportunity for participation in Regional, National and International Conferences. An invitation to CSME meetings and conferences as well as those of associated and co-operating societies. An opportunity to meet and associate with senior members of your profession.
- Become a CSME Student Member
The Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering
P.O. Box 40140
Tel: (613) 400-1786 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org