GOOD NEWS: CSME Student Memberships are FREE!!
Students of mechanical engineering-related programs (undergraduate or graduate level) may join the CSME for FREE. Once you have joined, you need not renew your membership every year, however you should login to your account periodically to update your profile whenever you need to revise key information (e-mail address, expected date of graduation, etc.). You also need to let us know once you graduate.
What is the CSME?
CSME Services for student members:
- Activities provided through local student chapters. Chapters may apply for activity grants (up to $300 per year).
- Dissemination of information on current research issues in universities and industry at annual CSME International Congresses, at which students may register at discounted fees.
- Job Opportunities: Students are connected to job opportunities through the EngineeringCareers.ca job site (free to post resumes). Networking within chapters and at national conferences is also a good way to identify job opportunities!
- Student and Young Professional Affairs Committee focusses on the needs of students and young professionals.
- National Design Competition (NDC) - An opportunity for participation in the annual Design competition.
- Student Paper Competition during annual Congresses.
- Student Gold Medals presented by participating Universities (CSME Sustaining Member Departments).
- CSME Bulletin.
- CSME Transactions.
- CSME Sponsored Forums and Conferences: An opportunity for participation in Regional, National and International Conferences. An opportunity to meet and network with senior members of your profession at student-discounted registration fees.
For more information, please contact CSME Student Affairs Committee Chair, Marina Freire-Gormaly (firstname.lastname@example.org).