At its October 2016 meeting, the CSME Board of Directors voted to allow students registered in a mechanical engineering or related program to join the society on a complimentary basis starting with the 2017 membership year. If you have joined the CSME as of 1 November 2016, you need not renew your membership every year. However, please feel free to re-submit an application form is you need to revise your information (e-mail address, year of graduation, etc.).
What is the CSME?
CSME Services for student members:
- Providing current activities in all the chapters.
- Disseminating information on current research issues in universities and industry.
- Job Opportunities: Students are connected to job opportunities through the EngineeringCareers.ca job site. Networking within chapters and at national conferences is also a good way to identify job oppportunities: the profession gets its new generation, and the new generation gets its profession!
- Student Affairs Active Faculty members; University student Sections Notices of technical meetings on pertinent and timely subjects.
- Student Design Competition - An opportunity for participation in the annual Design competition.
- Student Paper Competition.
- Student Gold Medal Award at Canadian Universities.
- CSME Bulletin.
- CSME Publications.
- CSME Sponsored Forums and Conferences: An opportunity for participation in Regional, National and International Conferences. An invitation to CSME meetings and conferences as well as those of associated and co-operating societies. An opportunity to meet and associate with senior members of your profession.
- Become a CSME Student Member